January Blues: Mood-boosting Beauty Products
So long festive period. Now we are looking forward to real life. Let’s look at things that lift our spirits. These are things that make us feel, look and smell good. It’s not a deep product, but it can be a mood lifter. Gucci’s primer balances skin with the ability to produce an oilfield. You will be matte, but not comatose.
Charlotte Tilbury’s foundation, which is 30-shade strong, is infused with skincare ingredients that leaves skin looking just like skin.
Elemis’s Midnight Facial works wonders for thirsty skin.
Aveda’s super-hydrating masks are perfect for dry hair.
Maybelline’s Colossal Curl Bounce will make eyelash curlers go away.
Cerave Micellar Water is a great cleanser that doesn’t strip the skin. It’s chock-full with niacinamide, which is great for pigmentation problems, and nourishing Ceramides.
Inkey List’s latest cleanser is also a favorite of mine – the hyaluronic still works after you rinse it off. Genius. Many eye creams don’t work.
Tata Harper’s is a reformulated formula that targets dark circles and puffy eyes.
Keys Soulcare Body balm can combat winter’s drying effects.
Jo Malone London’s Velvet Rose & Oud is a sensuous, soothing, and, dare i say it, very sexy fragrance. Although I don’t believe that healthy skin, fluttery eyelashes, and good skin health are the same thing, it is possible to have fluttery eyes and feel joy. Happy New Year!
1. Inkey List Hyaluronic Acid Cleanser PS10.99, cultbeauty.co.uk
2. Elemis Superfood Midnight Facial PS40, elemis.com
3. Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Foundation PS34, charlottetilbury.com
4. Keys Soulcare Melting Body Balm PS30, cultbeauty.co.uk
5. CeraVe Micellar Cleansing Water PS10, lookfantastic.com
6. Jo Malone London Velvet Rose & Oud Cologne Intense PS92, jomalone.co.uk
7. Aveda Nutriplenish Masque from PS35.50, aveda.co.uk
8. Gucci Serum De Beaute Fluide Matifiant PS41, selfridges.com
9. Tata Harper Restorative Eye Creme PS113, net-a-porter.com
10. Maybelline Colossal Curl Bounce PS10.99, maybelline.com